Marketing in 2017, Are You Ready?
Can you believe we are at the end of 2016? While the holidays are still in full swing, it’s a great time to start making some concrete plans for your 2017 marketing. It may seem late in the game, but it’s definitely not too late to create a solid marketing plan for the new year.
I have scoured the internet looking for what’s trending in 2017. For a company to succeed long-term, marketers must monitor their strategies and tactics by a re-assessment of marketing trends. So what are the latest trends and developments in marketing? Here are marketing trends for 2017 to definitely incorporate into your marketing plan for the New Year.
- Direct Mail - Research is showing that not only are direct mail volumes on a steady rise, but surveys are reflecting a desire for mail, citing the credibility and novelty of physical mail as the reason for high response rates. In fact, direct mail is a great tool for connecting marketing efforts, driving response through other channels and targeting specific audiences.
- Targeted Marketing - To get the most from your marketing dollars you’ll need to ensure you’re reaching your target market – which is why direct marketing is so important. With direct marketing, you can conduct a customer demographic analysis to ensure your direct mailing is sent to your target consumer – people are looking for your product or service and are ready to make a purchase.
- Content Marketing - An integrated approach to your content marketing strategy will be essential to the success of your overall marketing plans. This means that your content across mediums, including marketing, needs to be cohesive, consistent and clear. Whether you’re producing a direct mail flyer, a blog, a video or a social media post – ensure that your branding is evident and that your message is on point and your look is CONSISTANT.
- Social Media - As your company focuses more on social media, it’ll become important to integrate social call to actions on your direct marketing ads. Social media has become the top tier form of marketing this year for businesses and will continue to remain at the forefront going into 2017. Communication is crucial for every business but positive engagement with the consumer is the answer for improved reputation.
- Newsletters - Don’t underestimate the importance and power of newsletters. The purpose of newsletter marketing is to engage and advise customers or prospects by providing content that would address some potential ideas, questions or problems to build loyalty, trust, and brand awareness. In addition to mailing out your paper newsletter try to turn it into an electronic version. Leverage your email newsletters to build your online community, activity and social growth strategies by simply including social sharing buttons to Facebook, Twitter, Google+ Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc. and of course, hosted on your website to drive traffic to you.
- Video and Live streaming - With Facebook Live and other live streaming platforms becoming popular, video marketing should play an imperative role in your 2017 marketing. To maximize the effectiveness of videos you should include; call to actions in your marketing or informational videos in your direct marketing pieces. This can be done with a QR code that consumers can scan with their mobile device –they’ll be taken directly to your video. Using your direct marketing pieces to spread the word about video- related contests is an excellent way to promote your company.
While there’s no guarantee what the new year will hold, marketers who integrate these top marketing trends into their direct marketing strategy will be off to a great start in 2017. Still not sure where to start? Contact Diane Martin, she'll be happy to help!